Wednesday, November 28, 2012

New Millennium Exodus - Leaving Cities for Rural Life and a Humble Home in God's Country


It's not about the money!

3-19-02

This is not the beginning. But there needs to be a date here to allow for the reader to get a perspective on the time and money involved in the New Millennium Exodus. Time is money, right? That would make the start and finish of this event, of any human event by modern standards, two of the most important aspects of recording the event. By conventional wisdom, in our age of reason, this would include the measure of a person's life as well. Well, it isn't about the money. And the time is not about days but about a journey that exists in God's time, eternity.

Again today, I arose at 4:30 AM. It is 38 degrees Fahrenheit outside. Almost every day for the past twenty years I have arisen at 4:30 AM or close to it to allow myself time for my daily routine of preparation for each day. The debriefing of subconscious, batch processing reported from the night before, along with tea or coffee and then Bible reading and prayer. Every morning I recalibrate to center myself on the measurements Jesus Christ uses, not man. He is the anchor through the veil.

The main purpose in describing this exodus is to share what I experience and learn with others who are contemplating a similar exodus. It arises from the central need for me to be able to live my life according to my faith in Jesus in harmony with natural bounty God has provided on this earth. Although I am not formally enslaved like the Jews who were led by Moses to the great exodus, I similarly feel called by God to leave the decadent society of urban America to be in a place that is conducive to worshipping God as he commanded his faithful.

It is an exodus that is not exclusively based on my physical location here in Redwood City, CA, or any other specific place on this planet other than being in the confines of an urbanized segment of the modern world. However, in seeking freedom from the grip of the overwhelming and expanding acceptance of pervasive immorality, our physical departure from the epicenter of debauched behavior should enhance the continuing process of sanctification we have undertaken. This is the goal I seek. I wish to shun the race for material wealth that dominates modern America. I wish to be obedient to God's will above any sense that success in this world's estimation controls my actions.

So, it's not about the money. It's not specifically about moving physically. It is about an exodus toward a life that is more closely aligned with what God, Jehovah, I AM,... has commanded for us.

3-20-02

New Millennium Exodus is about building a home in a mountain valley near Yosemite National Park in Yosemite. As my wife, Teri, and I have undertaken to relocate on land we purchased on an alpine meadow there. During a visit to friends living nearby in the Pine Mountain Lake community, they suggested that we should chronicle the experience of building a house in the mountains. Initially, I believe the idea was to keep a record of the research and activities necessary to construct the building that will become our home. It is more than a construction project. It is an exodus I have been in the process of enacting for at least 35 years. I realized at 15 that I am a prisoner within the "veiled" confines of this world and have been following the dream of freedom since then. From Hebrews 6:18-19, speaking of the hope and guarantee of salvation which is our anchor in Jesus..[18] That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: [19] Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which entereth into that within the veil

There should be time to explain the history of this exodus as the daily entries unfold but the immediate need of this book is to give you an idea of what you will find in it. I will be including here all the steps taken by us, Teri and I, to exit from the San Francisco bay area to a home on 81 acres near Yosemite. The purpose is to serve as a guide for a similar exodus for others. Will everyone be moving to a valley similar to our destination? Highly unlikely. Will others be moved to explore an exodus to a spiritual home that is like the one we are designing? I hope so.

Do not be overly critical because I appeared to mix up spiritual and physical homes. I know there can be a difference. We are in earthen vessels, as Paul said, and our bodies are the temporary vessels for this lifelong journey. But we also bring into and upon our souls the flavor of the physical life we inhabit. It is by the discipline we establish in how we live our lives in the physical world that we nourish the inner growth of our souls. You can read James in the New Testament for a more complete explanation of this. The discussion of our soul's salvation resting in faith and not works will have to be postponed in the meantime. I need to go swim my 100 lengths (2,500 m) in the outdoor public pool in the next hour before they close the doors.

I would like to talk about the Pilgrims, John Winthrop and Thomas Jefferson as guides to this exodus. And, of course, how Moses led the Jews out of the grasp of Pharaoh. Points A and B on the exodus begin with Redwood City, CA and Greeley Hill, CA respectively. These are the physical points of reference, anyhow. The spiritual milestones flow in a unbroken continuum of growth from conception in the womb and progressing from inside this earthen vessel until disapating as ashes or dust when the time comes for releasing my soul to an eternal home.

Hail the Designers   Finding and Building Upon Our Sense-Of-Self   Love Is an Act of the Will, Not a Burst of Emotions   Corrie ten Boom - The Roots of the Jerusalem Prayer Team   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。